UNESCO Chair in Biosphere and Man, Institute of Social, Economic and Humanities Research of Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences (HESPI)
UNESCO Chair direction of action
UNESCO Chair in Biosphere and Man was designed to raise awareness of the ideas of the Biosphere Reserve in society and to strengthen stakeholder cooperation in the realization of this concept.
UNESCO Chair activities are aimed at achieving the goals of sustainable development, with particular emphasis on:
- education on the concept of the biosphere reserve for the general public, highlighting biodiversity and heritage in the development of a sustainable economy;
- strengthening interdisciplinarity between the parties involved, incl. researchers;
- involvement of the local community in maintaining the concept of the biosphere reserve.
The short-term goals include exploring biosphere reserve management models, strengthening bridges between stakeholders, developing training materials on geography, heritage, branding, visitor management in the biosphere reserve, developing sustainable product / service ideas.
UNESCO Chair is proud
On February 7, 2019, the opening of the UNESCO Chair “Biosphere and Man” took place at Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences. Learn more about the event here!
Plans of UNESCO Chair
On May 17, 2019, workshop “Biodiversity around us” for teachers of UNESCO Associated School Network and Baltic Sea Project took place in Nature and Technology Park “URDA” in Pārgauja Municipality.
Photo gallery of the event is available here.
Head of the UNESCO Chair: Dr.oec. Agita Līviņa
E-mail : email@example.com
Contact number :+371 29456089
1. Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences building
2. Vice-Rector of Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences Iveta Putniņa and Director of HESPI / Head of the UNESCO Chair Agita Līviņa at the opening of UNESCO Chair “Biosphere and Man” at Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences on February 7, 2019.
3. Photo from the opening event of UNESCO Chair “Biosphere and Man” at Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences on February 7, 2019.